Dandruff is drying of our hair skin due to which flaky white dead skin appears on our head. It makes our hair unhealthy, lead to hair fall and hair thinning. Using high end cosmetic products may or may not help you. In turn it can also harm your hair to a greater extent. Here are some simple home remedies without any side effects which can help you get rid of dandruff.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda exfoliates your scalp and also acts as a scrub to remove dead skin cells. It also inhibits the growth of fungus that leads to dandruff and it also helps maintain pH balance. You can apply baking soda on wet hair, keep it on for 2 – 3 minutes and then rinse it off with water. Alternatively you can mix baking soda in your regular shampoo and use it while washing your hair. Repeat this two to three times a week to get rid of dandruff.
- Coconut oil: Coconut has natural antifungal properties which help eliminate dandruff. It also moisturizes your scalp. Take 4 spoon coconut oil and mix it with two spoon of lemon juice. Massage it on your scalp for some time. Wash your hair at least after 2 hours of applying oil or you can leave it over night. Do this three times a week and you will see dandruff go away.
- Neem: Also known as ‘Indian Lilac’, neem extract is used almost in all skin related problems. Due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties it helps treat dandruff. You can boil some neem leaves in at least three to four cups of water and let the solution cool. After straining the solution, you can use it to wash your hair. Use this three times a week to get rid of dandruff.
- Vinegar: It helps in treating itchy dry, dandruff effected scalp. Acetic acid present in vinegar helps get rid of fungus. You can mix one cup of vinegar in double the amount of water and then after shampooing rinse your hair with this solution.
- Tea Tree Oil: It is beneficial in treating acne and fungal problems. It also helps moisturize dry, itchy and flaky scalp, so it will help get rid of dead skin cells and dirt. This will lead to lesser production of skin cells which creates white flakes called dandruff. You can mix tea tree oil in your regular shampoo and rinse your hair with it regularly. You will notice your lesser dandruff or no dandruff on your scalp.